Here at the Roslin Beach Hotel, a luxury choice in Essex hotels, we like to make sure all of your questions are answered, so please review our below FAQ section, which features our most frequently asked questions.
1. What is a Pre-auth?
Pre-authorization of your credit / debit card is technically a "hold" on your credit line from the hotel, which has initiated a charge, but not completely processed it.
When the hotel actually completes the charge process, the pre-authorisation amount will be replaced by an actual charge debited from your card.
- We swipe your credit / debit card at check in to ensure you have enough funds to settle your final bill and we hold this amount throughout your stay. An additional £30 per night for any extras or damages incurred during your stay.
- No money is taken from your credit / debit card but it will show as a 'Pending Transaction'.
- The pre authorisation of your card will last the length of your stay and we will release this
- upon departure however it can take up to 5 days after your departure to be released. (depending on your bank speed)
- You can use a different card or cash to pay your final bill.
If you have any questions about pre-authorisation please ask a member of our front of house team.
2. Are our rooms en-suite?
Yes, all our rooms are en-suite, though the bathing facility varies in rooms. Some rooms contain shower only, showers over the bath, baths, bath and shower and disabled wet rooms. Should you require a bath please confirm at time of booking.
3. Are we dog-friendly?
Yes the hotel is dog friendly; in fact we can also supply a doggy bed, feeding bowls and even treats. However we only have a limited amount of dog friendly rooms in the hotel. Dogs are also allowed in the lobby area of the bar, reception and on the terrace.
4. Are you child-friendly?
Yes, the Hotel is child friendly. We can accommodate children in both the hotel rooms and the restaurant.
5. Are you disabled friendly?
Although we do have disabled friendly ground floor bedrooms, the hotel consists of a number of historic buildings and as such there are different levels throughout the property. Please be aware and please be careful of any steps.
For your convenience our restaurant, breakfast, bar, residents lounge and reception are all disabled friendly. However we do not have a lift.
6. Is the WIFI Free?
Yes, the Roslin Hotel offers superfast WIFI free to all our guests.
7. Can you buy gift vouchers?
Roslin vouchers are available to buy from the reception and can be purchased for Spa treatments, packages or for the hotel. The vouchers are bespoke and built to your requests. Be it for an afternoon tea for two, a monetary amount or even a hotel package. They are custom printed with your special words on and makes amazing birthday gifts or for special occasions, or simply as a thank you to a loved one.
8. Do you have car parking and is it free?
The hotel has 58 car parking spaces and 4 disabled spaces, all which are free to our customers.
The adjacent roads however can be parked on but have restrictions in place from March 1st till October 31st which means after the hours of 6pm and before 9am the next day you can park on the street also.
A pay and display car park is also located 200 yards from the hotel and parking on the seafront is free.
9. Do you charge my credit/debit card upon booking?
No payments are taken from your card upon booking. We take credit card details to hold the room and to confirm the terms & conditions and booking. You card will be charged upon departure.
10. Does the hotel offer smoking rooms?
While the smoke free legislation does not force hotels to make available smoke free rooms for customers the Roslin Beach Hotel is a smoke free hotel, therefore all rooms are non-smoking. Smoking in our rooms will in occur a £100.00 cleaning charge being added to your final bill.
11. Can I store luggage at the hotel before check-in and after check-out?
We are happy to store your luggage in the hotels luggage store however the hotel holds no responsibility for the security of such items left.
12. Where do you get your bedding from?
Bed Linen is sourced from: http://www.musburyfabrics.co.uk
Bed toppers are sourced from: http://www.mitreforhome.com
Our beds are from: http://www.victorian-dreams.co.uk